Monday, January 18, 2010

The Concerto KAL





   In the last post I mentioned I joined a KAL to learn about Knitting Lace and working from Charts. The group was "Yarnfeathers" and I found it on Ravelry.
  The Pattern was written by De-De Heater who is a very talented, generous Knitter /Teacher. The name of the pattern is "Concerto" and has 7 sections. Each section has a different pattern of lace, and teaches something new. There is a chart, written pattern directions, and a tutorial with tips and tricks used by experienced knitters which are not usually written into directions.
  I fought with it at first. I was use to mindless knitting. I would knit and watch "Dancing with the Stars" at the same time. NOT while knitting lace! Not when you are too tired! Not with slippery yarn and Nickel Plated needles! I learned about "life Lines" which I really don't care for, and had to get used to using stitch markers again. I wanted a challange.......I got one. After one trip to the Frog Pond, and changing needle sizes I got it all together. So much so that I could not wait for the next weeks section.
  So I started another one. The second Stole is knit in a yarn by Blue Moon Fiber Arts, called Geisha. It's Kidmo/Silk Blend and wonderful to work with. I usually can't stand Mohair but this is so soft to the skin and just Luscious! These were Great Presents and lead to Sarah's Scarf which was my opening post.

After all I learned on this KAL I felt like I could take on almost anything. I keep reading several lace kniting lists to learn more. Wait until you see what my Next big project is. You won't believe it. I can't believe I had the Nerve to take it on!

Coming soon...."Simurgh."

1 comment:

  1. Yours is the concerto I've been admiring in all the pictures! The top one, with the multicoloured yarn. I was wondering what that was you used?

    I'm really enjoying reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete